State system, symbolic and economy in Buryatia
C1. You have 20 minutes to do this task.
You have received a letter from your English- speaking pen-friend George who writes
...At school we are doing projects on state system of different countries. Could you tell me about state system in Burytia? Who stands at the head of the Republic? How many years is he elected for? What is he or she famous for? What is the highest organ of state power?
I want know much about the history of the England’s Queens. As for my visit to the library last week, it was really wonderful...
Write a letter to George.
In your letter
• tell him about state system in your Republic
• ask 3 questions about his visit to the library.
C2 You have 40 minutes to do this task.
Comment on the following statement.
Nowadays lots of young people want to work in industrial enterprises. They believe that they can earn a lot of money. On the contrary; others consider, that agriculture has a future. In today's time we need to make healthy food, and eat without harm. Who is right? What is your opinion? Which work do you find more satisfying?
Write 200 – 250 words.
Use the following plan:
- make an introduction (state the problem)
- express your personal opinion and give reasons for it
- give arguments for the other point of view and explain why you don’t agree with it
- draw a conclusion